Wednesday 21 March 2012

A box, some gift wrapping paper & a bit of washi tape

This little box is just the perfect size to keep my oil paint sticks in. But it looked rather plain, and in need of some colour.


So I took some lovely spring green gift wrapping paper and pasted it on with gel medium. Sounds easy, and it is, actually, but when you're as clumsy and ackward with everything gluey as me, it gets quite messy. But worth it. At least if you're not too bothered if it doesn't turn out completely smooth and perfect. Which it never does. At least not when I do it.


I had some Washi tape lying around which happened to be just the perfect colour for this. And a good chance to actually use it. So all around it went. I can never resist Washi tape when I see it in the shops, and I alreaday have a pile of it, but I always forget to use it, so it just lies around gathering dust most of the time.


Waiting for the gel medium to dry. Just ignore all the imprefections...




Looking much better now, despite all the little imperfections, and perfect for my oil sticks. I actually really enjoyed it, despite all the sticky mess, and now I have to look for some more boxes to past paper and tape on! And isn't this just the perfect excuse to mailorder some of those gorgeous patterned paper at Shepherds  Falkiners in London?! :)

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty box! It is indeed such fun picking out pretty papers and playing with glue and any other bits and bobs, keep on having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful with all its imperfections as you call them...and will be so useful and you will enjoy using it!

    I have lost all my oilbars
    :)
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete