Sunday 18 March 2012

Rainy Sundays, a very slow computer & some everyday scribblings

I woke up to bright sunshine and warm spring temperatures this morning. And let me tell you, I was not happy about it. I'm not really much of a sunshine weather person, and I like my Sundays to be overcast, rainy and cool. Perfect staying-inside-all-day-weather. The weather forecast had predicted just such weather for today, and I was already afraid they had got it wrong, when finally, at around lunch time, the clouds came in, and the air cooled down considerably. I'm very pleased about it, and I'm sure there'll be some rain too later this afternoon. So now I can happily stay in and spend the rest of the day reading blogs, writing posts, do some painting, reading my book, without somehow always feeling guilty that I should really be doing something else, something more active somewhere outside. There's just nothing better than rainy Sundays and staying in :)

So I sat down at my desk and turned on my computer, and it's driving me mad. My computer is getting slower and slower, and I have no idea why. So while waiting for my computer to start up, open up files and Photoshop, get the internet connection running, I picked up the next best drawing medium lying around started scribbling around a bit.




And when Photoshop Elements finally was open, and the selected imaged opened and ready for processing, I was playing around a bit with one of the drawings. I think it looks really cool this way.


My good old laptop is really driving me completely mad now. But I've been thinking about buying a new computer for quite a while, and I think now is the right time. I've pretty much made up my mind to make the switch and buy an iMac this time.

2 comments:

  1. Hello I understand completely the feeling of enjoying indoors, painting, reading, blogging...so many great things to do.
    Today has been cloudy and chillier our way too, still we've been outside, with 3 children good to get them out!
    I like your sketches, especially the shoes. I'm happy to have come upon you here! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shoes! I tried to sketch a pair of running shoes recently and found them very hard. Good luck with the new computer purchase.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete