Saturday 13 July 2013

Summer of Colour, Week 5

I wasn't too happy about this week's colour combination, Candy Apple Red & Yellow, I must admit. I like red, but yellow really is my least favourite colour, and I just wasn't convinced that the combination of the two could produce something I'd be happy with. But of course I decided to give it a go, and as the yellow wasn't a specific yellow, I decided to make the best of that and use as warm a shade of yellow as possible, bordering on light orange.


I've only come as far as finishing the sketchbook page, and preparing the background on the sheet of watercolour paper. But I'm determined to finish that one too over the weekend, and catch up with the the past two weeks too, to be ready for the final week next week.



I did the doodles only last night, and, with my head being full of all the new stuff that starting a new job brings with it, my imagination was a bit limited. So I decided to go back to one of my older designs from my trainsketches. I love these sketchbooks, they are becoming such a great source for inspiration.



I have to say that I'm quite pleased with the result. The colours work well together, and I'm glad I tried a combination I'd never would have chosen myself. Can't wait til Monday now, when the last combination will be announced (can't believe it's already the last week!). I already can't remember what combination I voted for, but I'm hoping that it's going to be one that includes blue. We haven't really had any proper blue so far, only the turquoise in week one. Anyway, still lots to catch up with, so I'd better start working.

11 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful, so fresh and summery!
    What kind of sketchbook do you use? I just started one (a random from a bookstore), but it's not so great for watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful I love all these doodles to soc! Full of great detail...reminds me of Alisa Burke with your own style!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful I love all these doodles to soc! Full of great detail...reminds me of Alisa Burke with your own style!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful I agree red and yellow was not my pick either, but it looks great here! I love your doodles on top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pages! Your doodling and use of these colors look absolutely amazing and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful doodling & coloring :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love those warm colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you did a wonderful job with the colours, I love the design and your pen work is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great doodles. I'm happy with the sage and sepia this week, but I would have liked royal or navy blue with something.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete