Sunday 15 June 2014

Summer of Colour, Week 1: Aqua, Yellow and Hot Pink

We're in the first week of Summer of Colour, and this week's colours are:

Aqua Blue & Yellow
With a Smudge, Splash or Pop of Hot Pink

Such a cheerful, happy and summerly combination of colours, and I was really looking forward to playing with these. But, I've been wrecking my brain all week, and just couldn't come up with anything. Today, the last day of the first week, I've finally managed to get something on paper. The three pears in my fruitbowl, with their different shades of yellow, gave me some inspiration at last, and luckily, I've got quite a selection of different yellows in my paintbox to match.


Week two will start tomorrow, with a new combination of colours. Can't wait to see what they are! And hopefully, it won't take me the whole week again to come with something.

8 comments:

  1. I love this so much! Very creative and lovely! I really like how you used the SOC colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect subject matter for these colors. Very Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! And now I'm ready to search my fruit bowl for a pear snack. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! It is perfect for our colours this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Great job for the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I really liked this color combination, and I'm excited to see what comes next.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are absolutely gorgeous! Love the loose style and those vibrant colours :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was the same! Last minute on Sunday night getting my entry in :P This weeks colours are panicking me much more. Teal I'm fine with but coral? Arg!

    I just love your pears. I don't even like pears but yours look very appetising and full of sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete